Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Rubber Romance Sketch Challenge

There's a new sketch challenge posted at the Rubber Romance blog, and I think you should join in on the fun!! You have until midnight (EST) on November 9th to get your card done, and you could win a marvelous Rubber Romance Prize.

Here's the sketch:


and here's my take:

This is Bunnie Girl - and like me she's not a morning person, but still maintains that diva status!! I added fun flock to Bunnie's robe and a little light green shadow for her eyes. I loved this Basic Grey June Bug paper (Shirley Temple) and decided to distress a lot of the other elements on the card to coordinate with the dp. My favorite distressing has to be with the orange embossed cardstock. Did you know that you can create this really cool effect by sanding cardstock after it has been dry embossed? All you need is cardstock with a white core base - like DCWV (Die Cuts With A View). I think it gives the card a great look.

Well...if I want to be more of a morning person tomorrow, I better wrap this up. Hope you're all doing well - I have lots going on here and hope to chat more about it tomorrow! ciao :)


Details:
Stamps - Bunnie Girl (Rubber Romance)
Ink - Tuxedo Black (Memento); Copics; Walnut Stain Distress ink (Ranger)
Paper - Basic Grey June Bug-Shirley Temple; goldenrod (DCWV); Melon Mambo & Bravo Burgundy (SU!)
accessories - Pink brads, Circle Nestabilities, Sizzix embossing plates, brown fun flock (SU!)


8 comments:

Kelley Eubanks said...

So cute!! I love that image and those bunny slippers! I did not know that about the sanding!! Very cool effect! Need to give that a try!!

Diana said...

FUN diva card. Thanks for sharing. Big giveaway over at my blog!

peggysue said...

Neat sketch and very nice card. Great color choices!

Lydia said...

Great card, wonderful texture!

Gina Lindsay said...

LOVE this!! It looks a little like me in the morning. It takes me forever to actually wake up and get moving.

Grace said...

Great sketch and I love what you did with it Stephanie! Your colors are fun and happy!

Sherry Campbell said...

Love your sketch card- sooo cute!

Dell said...

What a great card! Reminds me of myself in the mornings..LOL