Sunday, October 25, 2009

No Sew Tote Bag

Today I crafted with something besides paper - oh my!! I'm so happy with the result and wanted to share it with you.

I made a no-sew tote bag:

Isn't the red & cream houndstooth marvelous?! I was watching an old episode of Martha that featured these bags. All you need is a yard of fabric, binding for the handles, a stapler, and duct tape. To make a sturdier bag, you can apply iron-on vinyl to the wrong side of the fabric. It was super easy!! Just make sure to have a good stapler - if I make anymore, I'd bring home this fabulous stapler I have at school. It's a big bag, so I'd cut down the sizing as well. I'm thinking of making some as gifts then using it as a gift bag. You can check out the instructions here - be sure to watch the video to see how to create the gussets.



1 comment:

Diane Noble said...

Super cute...and I LOVE a good tote. Can't wait to check out the instructions and tutorial. Very intriguing....really staples and duct tape. I gotta see this. Thanks for sharing. It's adorable!