Monday, July 27, 2009

Secret Gift Card Holder tutorial

Here are the steps I took in creating the secret gift card holder attached to the front of my birthday card.

Step 1:
Cut a strip of cardstock 3.5" x 11". Score along the 11" side at 3.5" and 7.5"


Step 2:
Flip cardstock over and score at 5.5"


Step 3:
Fold at the 5.5" score


Step 4:
Fold at the 3.5" score


and the 7.5" score. Remember the raised part of the score goes on the inside.


Your strip should look like this.


Step 5:
Run two strips of adhesive along the upper and lower edges between the 3.5" and 5.5" folds.


Step 6:
Adhere center section together as shown in photo.


Step 7:
Using gift card as a guide, mark edges of gift card in adhered section.


Step 8:
Using word window punch, punch out slot for gift card.

Mine required two punches.


Step 9:
Slide in gift card

and decorate!!

I added ribbon to secure the holder.






3 comments:

tingturaNiklas said...

Excellent tutorial! :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you Stephanie. I am going to print this off. I was looking for a neat Gift Card Holder for a Christmas class and this is perfect. Thanks for the details.

Bootybella Designs Inc. said...

This is a great tutorial!!! Nice work!!! I was wondering if you could tell me how you get your logo with the buttons on each post - is there a simple way to do this? Thanks so much!