Saturday, July 25, 2009

Digichicks Challenge

I recently joined a group of bloggers who enjoy digital images - aka the Digichicks. It's a great group of gals, and you can check out their blogs by scrolling down the right side of my page. Our group has decided to have challenges. In fact, we have two challenges going on right now. The card I made is for the first challenge - to use green & black on a card.


I had this little gal printed out for some time now - she's from the Slumber Party set from MyGrafico. I love the shade of green that I used - Jade Green (Copic G00). I carried the polka dots into one of the layers using my Polka Dot Basics II set from PTI - I'm LOVIN' this set!! I added some black ribbon - yep, it's from my Offray outlet trip....I got this 180 yd spool of black linen ribbon for $2!!!! I pierced around part of the label and the ribbon and added the letters (cut out from my Cricut). It still seemed like it is missing something, but I have to start cleaning my basement! It's my goal for the month of July - I haven't started, and I have some things going on this week. Maybe I'll come back to the card later :)

Hope you're all enjoying the weekend - it's a beautiful sunny day here in western PA!


Details:
Stamps - Slumber Party (Zenware for MyGrafico); Polka Dot Basics II (PTI)
Ink - StazOn black; Copics (G00, 100, E00, E02, YR00)
Paper - white, Basic Black, pastel green (The Paper Company)
Accessories - Nestabilities Labels One dies, black linen ribbon (Offray), Cricut, Opposites Attract cartridge, paper piercer, dimensionals



14 comments:

Unknown said...

such a cute card, I love it!

Kelley Eubanks said...

This is super cute! I love the polka dots!! I love your idea about the magic sheets... made me laugh... I need all of those too!

Cassie_lu said...

what a great job you did with the sketch and the digi image. The coloring is great.

AUsome mom said...

Very cute! Love that image and your piercing is too fab! Looking forward to working with you:)

peggysue said...

This is very cute! I like the coordinate between the image and the background.

The Mama Monkey said...

She is adorable! I love the colors and the dots! Great use of your Cricut, too!

Lauri said...

Love it!!! I have a busy day today, but hope to get a card made for this tonight!!

katiesniche said...

Ha! I love all that ribbon! 1800 yards?? OMG that is awesome! Cute card.
Hope you get lots done on your basement...you are down to your last week on your goal, lol. It's ok, I am in the same shoes. Time does get away.

Grace said...

Oh Stephanie this is just too cute! I just love all the dots!!! The top note die and that ribbon... yummmy!! Totally adorable!!!

Gina Lindsay said...

Oh, I just love this! The polka dot paper and the dress are just too cute!

Anonymous said...

Get crackin on that basement Stephanie - you only have 5 days left. I love the card - it is perfect as it is.

Dell said...

What a wonderful layout and love the digital image. Nice colors too.

laos348 said...

Great job on the challenge! That little girl is so cute and I like the green you used with her. I also like how you carried over the polka dots - fantastic!

cr8iveme said...

adorable card.

M.E. aka CMCMaryD@SCS