Wednesday, July 8, 2009

The Circus Has Come To Town!!

So, in my effort to get in shape, I've signed up for classes at the local YMCA. I've been going to the water aerobics which has been great in so many ways (it's easy on my ankle that I sprained in the spring, I don't sweat, I get a really good core workout in the deep end, I don't sweat, and I don't sweat). The instructor has the most fit body, and she also teaches Pilates. So, in my infinite wisdom I thought, "You can do Pilates....you're still young and you can take it easy until you catch on." What the heck was I thinking!!!!! I went on Monday - I knew I was sore, but I still went to water aerobics on Tuesday....now I can barely move. After this post I'm going to heat up my ginger therapy heat pack (from Origins) and pray to the Pilates gods for relief!!

Now on to the card...


This card was created for today's sketch challenge at SCS. I used one of the newest stamp sets from MyGrafico - Circus by Zenware. I thought it was appropriate to use because today's Pilates class (that I skipped) was using the stability balls!! Jen (Zenware) has created two new sets (Circus and Slumber Party/Sleepover), and they are absolutely ADORABLE!! I'll have some more cards with these images soon.

I combined the images of the clown girl and seal to create this scene. The sentiment, You're a Class Act!, was printed using Arnold 2.1 font. The image was colored with my Copics (see color list below) and I added some glitter to the girl's skirt with my Gelly Roll Stardust pen in green.


Details:
Stamps - Circus (MyGrafico)
Ink - Copics (YG06, G05, G17, R27, R29, YR04, YR07, Y08, E00, E33, C-1, C-3)
Paper - white; DCWV Animal Crackers matstack, green scrap
Accessories - Treading Water punch (Fiskars), Gelly Roll Stardust pen (green), ribbon




11 comments:

Kelley Eubanks said...

So cute and fun! You did a great job coloring! I stay away from coloring... it scares me! :-)

Samantha said...

I joined a local YMCA recently too. I wont get in the water though, too cold! hahaha... although the not sweating is a plus.

Adorable card, so lively!

The Mama Monkey said...

LOL Hope you feel better soon! Hey, you did not strain your stamping arm, now did you?!! That would be an emergency!

Adorable card! Love the colors and the patterned paper you chose.

Jacquel said...

Oh how cute! what an adorable image and I love the bright & happy colors you used....tfs!!!

Leslie said...

cute cute cute!

Michelle said...

adorable and wonderful card! TFS!

C said...

Darling card! Love the ribbon treatment. Take care of those sore muscles...I'm a believer in keeping going as you'll hurt worse if you stop (um,ask me how I know that!) but be sure not to overdo.

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card! I love the colours and the papers you have used. The image is adorable.
Vanja

Grace said...

Oh you have my sympathies... been there, done that!!! Just take it slowly or you'll just yoyo! From too sore to exercise at all... to doing too much when feeling better... to back to doing nothing because you hurt too bad! Yep... been there!!!

Your card is fabulous!!! Love this image and thanks for sharing the copic colors too! Great job with them!!!

Gina Lindsay said...

Such a fun card! I love the double knotted ribbon.

I understand your soreness, I have done things like that in the past and made myself so sore I couldn't even walk!

I left you something on my blog.

peggysue said...

Oh naughy, no skipping classes. I have a pilates tape that I used to do . . . now that my operation is past I should pick it up again. Very cute card, creating paper crafts is more fun than exercise I think.