Sunday, July 12, 2009

Hoot and a LOT of Hollerin'

What a weekend....

On Friday, I took a road trip with my dad to Virginia. We went down to see the town where I first started teaching. I haven't been there for 8 years, since I moved back to PA. The day was going great! We couldn't believe how different the town was - when I lived there, there were no restaurants other than fast food or some locally owned diners (which the majority of weren't the best) and very little of everything else (of course there was a Walmart, though). Now, there are a ton of restaurants and stores!!! I even stopped at a local stamping store. We continued our day trip with some stops at nearby towns before heading north to the outlets in Leesburg. About 2 miles before the outlets, we were rear ended on an exit ramp. My dad was driving my car and had to yield for another car who had just turned from the opposite direction onto the ramp. The kid, who admitted he was reading a map, wasn't paying attention and couldn't get stopped in time. Now, most importantly, everyone was fine. But after that fact was determined, I was so annoyed!!! Who reads a map while getting onto an exit ramp? Well, I know who does now! I think the thing that helped was that I have a tire on the back of my car - I drive a Honda CRV. The tire is completely crunched into the door, but I think it took some of the shock and prevented serious injury to my dad and I. So now I'm waiting (and have been since Friday) for this kid's insurance adjuster to call me back - I contacted them right away, but of course no one can help after 4pm on a Friday. Meanwhile, we drove the 4 hours home with my back dome light flashing on and off everytime we hit a bump. UGH!!! I hate dealing with car drama!!

Onto the card...



I'm in an owl card swap at SCS. While I think this may be too simple & may not meet the guidelines, I thought it was cute. I just got this Basic Grey Hoot Owl stamp set - isn't it the cutest?! There are two owl images, two sentiments, and a bunch of tiny images to create backgrounds. I got a few other Basic Grey stamps sets, so hopefully I can ink them up soon. I have a bunch of projects that I need to get done....which makes me think....wait to you see what I have in store for tomorrow!!!

Details:
Stamps - Basic Grey Hoot Owl
Ink - Tuxedo Black
Paper - Kraft, Basic Black, White, DCWV Spring matstack
Accessories - Nestabilities Circles & Pinking Circles dies, black velvet ribbon, sewing machine, Prismacolor pencils


5 comments:

Kelley Eubanks said...

I love your cute owl card... I haven't seen those BG stamps before! So sorry to hear about your accident and so glad everyone is okay! My husband and I got rear ended on our honeymoon!! It is never fun but it especially sucks when you are on a trip that is suppose to be fun!

Anne said...

Ugh! poor you, glad you were all ok but the insurance and car damage is hassle you can do without, I'm sure

Tegan said...

Aw such a cute card! I really need to get my hands on some Kraft CS! It's so versatile and looks fab :)

JazzyH said...

Glad you are OK. Great use of the kraft paper and great owl.

cr8iveme said...

lovely card.

M.E. aka CMCMaryD@SCS