Monday, January 4, 2010

Snow - Go Away!! and PLEASE READ END OF POST :)

While I think the snow is pretty, I've had enough for the season. I think I've shovel practically everyday for the past two weeks...sometimes more than once in a day!! I need a reprieve :)

But not before I finished this card for the current CARDS blog challenge - create a wintery card featuring snowflakes. This was the perfect theme because I needed a card to attach to a gift basket I taking to my hair dresser tomorrow!

It may be hard to see in the photo, but I added some teeny tiny snowflakes with Versamark Dazzle. The blue ribbon on the card is the same ribbon I used to tie up the basket of coffees, teas, chocolates, and biscotti.


Details:
Stamps - Snowfall Additions & Stocking Prints (PTI)
Ink - Silver (Brillance), Fresh Snow (PTI), Versamark Dazzle
Paper - Blue (Archivers), Smokey Shadow & Scarlet Jewel (PTI), white
Accessories - snowflake punches, scallop border punch, corner rounder, buttons (Scarlet Jewel - PTI), blue ribbon (Offray), dimensionals



TWO NOTES OF INTEREST - PLEASE READ

Diane, one of my talented blog pals, opened her heart and home to a dog rescued from a puppy mill. Diane has been sharing stories and uplifting photos of Angel that have really touched my heart. Please take a moment to stop by her blog - she's got talent oozing from her and the photos of Angel exploring the snow for the first time are darling!!


Courtney, another talented blog pal, is embarking on an exciting journey. She's designing her own stamps and her first set, Key to My Heart, is about to be released (on the 6th!!). Head over to Courtney's blog, Practicing Creativity, to see the fabulous sneak peeks and to pick up a set (you'll definitely want to!!)






8 comments:

The Mama Monkey said...

Loved your 10 for 10 post. :) Great ideas for the new year!!

This card is amazing! I especially like the colors...no, the bling...wait, the buttons! :) I am sure your hairdresser loved the set!

JazzyH said...

Pretty and thanks for the update!

Courtney Baker said...

Stephanie super cute card! It's right up my alley!

And thank you SO SO SO much for the shout out. I have a big smile on my face right now!

Tenia Nelson said...

Awesome card and Courtney's stamp set is way cool!!

Mandy said...

Love the card....I also want the snow to go away

Kelley Eubanks said...

Great card Stephanie! I meant to make a card for this challenge too... I just can't keep up lately! It is snowing today so maybe tonight I will get inspired and make a card!

peggysue said...

We're getting ten inches today . . . what do you mean you don't want any more snow??? :) I love it! (when I'm looking at it through the window with a cup of hot cocoa). Nice card and nice of you to give a shout out to the blogger buddies efforts.

Kay said...

I love this card - what a great color combination. And where do you find all your energy? Shoveling snow, working, DT, challenges, multiple challenge submissions? Please bottle some and send it my way!