Friday, January 1, 2010

Magnetic Birthday Calendar

Today I finished a birthday calendar that I've been working on here and there over the past few days. I'm giving it to my mom's neighbor along with some fun slippers....not sure which she'll like better because the slippers are so her!

I got the fabulous idea and calendar template from Lisa Johnson (Poppy Paperie) - you can check out her original post and download link here. Lisa used lightweight coasters to create her magnetic calendar. I didn't have any coasters, so I picked up some extra thick fun foam (in black) at Joann's. It was super simple to cut - I used an Exacto and straightedge. I love how they turned out.

Here they are, month by month...couldn't get them in one shot, so I figured I'd take individuals.


Since they're magnetic, she can arrange them on her refrigerator. They look super cute in 4 rows of 3 arrangement. Now I just need to get them past my mom without her wanting a set, too!!


*I've decided to not list the details for these. Most paper & embellishments came from the DCWV Doodlin Around matstack. If you have a question about something I used, please feel free to leave a comment or shoot me an email.








6 comments:

Cassie_lu said...

these look great. love the way the paper and images all cordinate with eachother as well as with the month

Gina Lindsay said...

What a great project. i am definitely going to have to do something like this. Love how they all coordinate so they can be displayed together or separately.

Grace said...

Super cute idea Stephanie! I love all the papers and embellishments and the whole idea is just great! Happy New year to you and yours! Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Keep posting stuff like this i really like it.

Kelley Eubanks said...

This is awesome!! What a great idea!! Love it!

Anonymous said...

Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Blog Printable Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 11 Jan [LA 10:20pm] - 12 Jan [NY 01:20am, UK 06:20am, OZ 05:20pm] ).