Monday, January 11, 2010

MyGrafico Monday - Oh My Stars!

Where does the weekend go? It's Monday, and I'm busy back at school - it's the end of the grading period. Wouldn't be easier to give stars instead of assigning grades?

Okay, I'm not going off the deep end. I'm still thinking about this week's MyGrafico challenges. The design team is showcasing this fun set from Black Leaf Designs.

This week's Monday challenge is to incorporate yellow in your card/project/LO. One lucky participant will walk away with the very versatile Stars Stamp set. Here's what I came up with:


I thought this would be a fun card to give to a student who's just accomplished something pretty cool. It's always good to have these cards ready to go in my stash!! I used my Mini Monograms Cricut cartridge to cut out the letters, and I changed the star's color with Adobe Photoshop.

Be sure to head over to the MyGrafico Challenge Blog to see what the other design team members came up with!



Details:
Stamps - Stars Stamps (Black Leaf for MyGrafico)
Ink - none
Paper - grade school (DCWV); Bitty Stars (PTI), white, red (DCWV)
Accessories - ribbon (American Crafts), Mini Monograms Cricut cartridge, button (Foofala), embroidery floss, dimensionals






12 comments:

Unknown said...

this is awesome, your student is just gonna love it so much ;)

Nancy said...

Fabulous card, Stephanie:O) Love the colours and great layout.
Have a brilliant day.
Hugs, Nancy;O)

Karin said...

Super cute! I love the dotted ribbon embellishment!

Rachel B said...

Stephanie: you are the star! This card is so creative! I love it! Beautiful creation!

Tazza said...

I Love your card! I know I would love to recive it, especially if I were a student... & boy would I feel special! What a great teacher you are!

Cassie_lu said...

love the idea of using letters to say a message.

Dell said...

The yellow makes this card pop and say "cheery"! I love it! Great choice of design.

Tenia Nelson said...

Awesome card!!!

Mary said...

Adorable!

Grace said...

Very cute Stephanie! I just got a cricut! Hope I can make fun things like this soon! :)

Gina Lindsay said...

Cute! Those are some great stars too.

Kelley Eubanks said...

Way cute... perfect for a student! You are so cool! :)