Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Happy Anniversary!

My best friend and her husband are celebrating their anniversary later this week, so I wanted to make them a card. I searched for some ideas on SCS and came across an anniversary card made by Julie Ebersole using puzzle pieces. This got me to thinking and then "sparked" this card idea:



Isn't it fun? And oh so easy!!! The best part is that they *both* will love it. I printed the sentiment on the computer, cut out and attached the three squares, and glued on the two matchsticks. I toyed with adding a ribbon, but I liked this simple version.


Here's a close-up of the matchsticks.


In case you'd like to create this card, I used Scotch/3M Scrapbookers Glue w/2-Way Applicator to adhere the matchsticks and Honey Script font for the sentiment.

Details:
Stamps - None
Ink - None
Paper - White, Basic Black, Real Red
Accessories - matchsticks, Nestabilities square, Honey Script font


Thanks for stopping by!!

4 comments:

The Mama Monkey said...

Oh my goodness, you have been a card making fool! I must admit, this one is my favorite because it is clever! Awesome idea!

Debbie said...

This is soooooo total awesome! I love it. I'll be casing this one for my sister's anniversary card! Stephanie I love your cards!

Gina Lindsay said...

What a great idea, I love it! Perfect card for something going to a man and a woman,

Tegan said...

totally LOVING your work! im in awe. aaamahhhzzinggggg :D