Monday, March 1, 2010

MyGrafico Monday - Try a Trifold

Happy March everyone! I thought I'd post over the weekend, but I took a break from crafting & blogging....and just relaxed! Boy did I need that! I'm feeling super refreshed & ready for the last 14 or so weeks of this school year.

Okay enough about that! On to this week's MyGrafico challenge - trifold cards. Have you ever made any? I haven't - I stick to the same things sometimes with my cards & any fancy folding doesn't really fall across my craft table. I don't know why because my card was super simple to make & I think it will make quite the impression.

This week, the design team used this fun Tea Party set from BlackLeaf.

And here's the card I created:

Just love how you can pull the greeting out of this! The tutorial for this trifold card can be found here on Splitcoast.

Now you should check out the other fabulous trifold creations by the design team and join in on the fun at the MyGrafico Challenge blog. You might walk away with the Tea Party set!


On a side note: I had to laugh a little using the tea set image because my dad and I were arguing on the phone about tea this weekend. He's just started to drink hot tea within the last 6 months; and even better, he's been expanding his horizons beyond the basic Lipton. He drank Twinings tea (or Twinling as my dad called it!) at Cracker Barrel a week or so ago in a purple packet. I looked it up and told him it was Darjeeling...he insisted it wasn't until 10 minutes of the Seinfeld-esque discussion went on & he realized it must be Darjeeling! Guess what I'm looking to get for his birthday on Tuesday!!



Details:
Stamps - Tea Party (BlackLeaf for MyGrafico); Dot Flourishes (Inkadinkado)
Ink - Chocolate Chip (SU!); Copics
Paper - Chocolate Chip, Rich Razzleberry, Very Vanilla (SU); dp-Rich Razzleberry (SU!); Cherrywood Ln. (Heidi Grace for Fiskars)
Accessories - corner rounder, Round Tab punch (SU!), Boho Blossoms punch (SU!), rhinestone, computer generated sentiment






7 comments:

Karin said...

Great card and cute story...Gotta love Dads :)

stampinlynn said...

Love this fold great job tfs

Rachel B said...

I love your trifold card! I love the way it looks. Beautiful. Your colors are great and that sentiment is so fabulous. Wish I had thought of it!

Unknown said...

just beautiful, so elegant and perfect colors!

Mary said...

Love this - very pretty and great design.

Kelley Eubanks said...

Great card and love the story about you and your dad!!

TeenaBugg38 said...

I love the looks of these cards but they scare me to death to even attempt.....maybe someday.....til then I will admire your handy work from afar....lol