I have a quick card to share for you today. This is one of the two cards that I submitted to the PC call. I really wanted to submit more, but my mojo just wasn't up for the task.
The dp on this card is from the new Flower Shower Spring matstack from DCWV that I picked up at JoAnn's. There are so many fun patterns in this stack...definitely one of my favorites.
****Warning: Sappy teacher stuff ahead. Feel free to disregard****
On a different note, I have a new group of students - two first graders!! Keep in mind, before these two little guys, my youngest group were fourth graders (and my oldest - seniors!). I taught first grade the year before I took the gifted support position and I've had first graders before, but these two are just the highlight of my day! They're a hoot!! Just so refreshing, FULL of energy and giggles, and a zest for learning....anyone know a way to keep them from turning into middle schoolers? :) - they can grow up as long as they skip straight from 6th grade to the middle of their junior year when they're human again! haha!! I'm just joking. In fact, I'm having a really difficult time thinking about my seniors graduating. These students are the ones that were at the elementary when I took the position seven years ago. I've watched them grow into amazing young adults. They started practicing for their last competition with me last week, and it really hit me that they'll all be out in the 'real' world next year. Wow...time flies!
Details:
Stamps - sentiment (Happiness Messages-Hero Arts)
Ink - Paris Dusk (Memento-Tsukineko)
Paper - kraft (SU!), Enchanted Evening (PTI); dp - Flower Shower Spring Matstack (DCWV)
Accessories - Williams Blue ribbon (Offray)


2 comments:
Awww I love reading the sappy teacher stuff!! And thank you for giving me hope my 12 and my 14 years old will become human again once they are juniors...that is if they don't kill one another before then LOL. That card is adorable! Good luck on the call! I never thought about using the mat stacks for cards...DUH!! and I love DCWV....thier stuff I can find here easily and I loveeee it!!! Have a great week!!
Yes... time does fly and I totally agree with the middle school comment. They turn into weird little people for a little while. I guess we did too... okay... I know I did! :) Some may say that I still am! I LOVE your card Stephanie... so pretty!
Post a Comment