Monday, March 22, 2010

Congrats!

I have a stack of new stamps that I can't wait to use....but when I have the time, my energy level isn't there! My allergies have been killing me lately - ugh...which means sinus headaches!

Tonight was a different story! I needed a card to congratulate one of my seniors for being one of six students selected for a scholarship at the college she'll be attending next year. I'm so proud of her & so excited! I know she likes purple (at least that's the direction she's heading with the prom gown), so here's what I came up with:

I typically have never been into butterflies. I think it might have something to do with a pair of (ridiculously expensive and ugly) shoes that I had to buy (& get dyed to match) - the satin shoes had dragonflies all over them!! But, I've been seeing butterflies images & cards everywhere and I've been loving them! When PTI came out with their latest butterfly set & coordinating die, I finally took the plunge. And wahoooooooo, I'm so glad that I did!

I'm off to visit three or four blogs, write a personal note to my student in this card, and fill out my census form before I head for bed. I took a nap tonight when I got home, so I'm feeling pretty rejuvenated right now....hopefully I can say that bright & early tomorrow morning!

Take care!!


Details:
Stamps - Butterfly Dreams, Polka Dot Basics II, Signature Greetings (all PTI)
Ink - Grape Jelly (Memento); Versamark
Paper - kraft; Dark Chocolate (PTI); dp - Flower Shower (DCWV)
Accessories - butterfly die (PTI), white gel pen





3 comments:

Kelley Eubanks said...

This is so pretty Stephanie! Glad you are loving the butterflies right now! :) I get sinus headaches too... had to take some ibuprofen earlier today. The changing temps always mess with me! I am not looking forward to what all the blooming, etc is going to do to me but I am soooo ready for spring!

The Mama Monkey said...

Sorry to hear about your HA. Those stink. My son has been dealing with double ear infections. Strange happenings here!

Your card is so pretty! I just love the color combo. The purple really sets off that kraft perfectly!

Courtney Baker said...

This is so cute Stephanie! I just love the look of this!