Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Best Witches

I'm still working on the tags for the swap I'm participating in, and I thought I'd share the Halloween tag I came up with. I still need to create adult birthday tags and kid birthday tags then I'll be all set to send them out!

I used one of my favorite Halloween images from my collection - Witches' Shoes (Stampendous). I've always loved this stamp, and finally bought it last year. It's so much fun! Especially for a shoe lover like me. In fact, I've been choosing my shoes then my outfit for school in the morning to try to wear more of my shoes rather than my favorites :) - I told my students that I was trying to wear a different pair everyday; and they reacted, "You have 180 pairs of shoes?" I don't know what's more alarming - they are so aware of how many days of school we have or they think 180 pairs of shoes is too many :)


Even though this image is one of my fav's, it was tricky to use on the tag. I wanted to make a vertical tag, but the image was too large. After a bit of playing around, I'm happy with how it turned out. I popped up the main image and added a typed sentiment (font: Digs My Hart) to the bottom of the tag.

Details:
Stamps - Witches' Shoes (Stampendous)
Ink - Tuxedo Black (Memento); Copics - 100, Y17, Y02, YG06, YR04, V09
Paper - Eggplant Envy, white, orange, black, dp (from stash)
Accessories - black grosgrain ribbon (Offray), white cording, Digs My Hart font, dimensionals



8 comments:

JazzyH said...

Love the tags! I like the image.

Kelley Eubanks said...

How cute! I love that stamp too and have wanted to add it to my collection... or at least one similar. I love just the witches feet/legs. Too funny about your students! 180 pairs of shoes is not that many! It would be for me... I would have to have a separate closet just for my shoes! But if you have that many.... you go girl and... can I come over and look at them all?
I love your tag... so fun!

Laura said...

Love the card! I think I give women a bad name because I don't think I even own 10 pairs of shoes. I should probably go shopping. :)

Kay said...

180 pairs of shoes seems reasonable to me - but think of the closet you would need!!
Your card is darling - love the image and how you made it work on the tab.

Courtney Baker said...

Oh I'm in love with this! The colors are awesome!

Gina Lindsay said...

How fun! There is nothing wrong with having 180 pairs of shoes is there? Sounds about right to me. I bought this stamp last year too, because I love shoes too!

Lauri said...

This is so cute! What a great stamp....and what a great design and color combo!

The Mama Monkey said...

Apparently you need a shoe hoarder challenge! LOL :) I love this image as well! It is a classic and is so fun!