Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Ocean's 11 Challenge - Spring in 3D

My blogger group has decided to run challenges, and this week's challenge is hosted by Chirleen. The theme was to create Spring related card with 3D elements. Here's what I came up with:



I've had this set from Stampendous since last year, and I think the bunnies look just like the marshmallow peep bunnies. I tried to color them in a similar manner. But I don't like peeps, so I had a hard time picturing the different colors. I think I needed a purple one.

I popped out the basket by stamping two copies, attaching one directly to the card base, adding some 'Easter grass' (shredded paper), and placing the second basket (no handle) on top with dimensionals. Then I went back and placed all the bunnies in the basket and finished it off with a bow.

Details:
Stamps - Stampendous Basket Topper
Ink - Pretty in Pink, Chocolate Chip
Paper - DCWV Pink, Chocolate Chip, White
Accessories - shredded paper, ribbon, dimensionals, pastels, Nestabilities

Thanks for stopping by!!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stephanie... what a unique 3-D card. I love it.

Anonymous said...

This is so pretty Stephanie. Thanks for the MFTIDOL tip. I totally forgot about it. I have entered my card.

peggysue said...

Basket full of peeps! :) Hee, hee, great minds. I like them in the different colors and the idea of putting them in a basket is fabulous.

Grace said...

Oh how cute is this!!! I don't care for peeps either but I still buy them for the kids baskets coz they're just so cute! Love your basket!

Kim Murphy said...

Love, Love, Love this! What a very cute 3-D Spring Card! I signed up to follow your blog - welcome to Ocean's 11!

laos348 said...

Very cute - I like the grass you added in there. Great job on the challenge!

Holly said...

This is darling! I used to like peeps, but I think in getting older they are just too sweet for me now. (But I'm still a choco-holic!) My kids usually like them in their baskets, though! Great job with the challenge!

Anonymous said...

What a neat idea for the scalloped design of this card. Those bunnies are just precious!

kat9 said...

Great job. I love how you popped everything out. The bunnies are great.

Gina Lindsay said...

They do look like Peeps! I think they are the cutest things to look at, but I don't like them either. Gret job with the 3-D challenge.

JazzyH said...

Great 3-D projects. Cute peeps.

The Mama Monkey said...

Thanks for a great laugh! I love the peeps!! :) Wonderful project for the challenge!!

Anonymous said...

This is fabulous! I love it!!!
Great job girl!! =)

katiesniche said...

Ha! They do look like Peeps! And no, I don't like Peeps either, but I do like your card, cute! Great job on the challenge.