Today's color challenge over at SCS was Black Rose Artichoke. I had to substitute Ruby Red for Rose Red in my card - a birthday card for my mom's neighbor Mary who turns 87 tomorrow. I've known Mary for almost 20 years now, and I can't believe she's even in her 80s! The woman is unbelievable - she walks a few miles every day (regardless of the weather), maintains her house and yard, travels, visits her family, and spends time with her boyfriend (<- which is too cute to see!!). She's been going through a rough couple of months learning that she has congestive heart failure and that two of her sisters have cancer, so I wanted her card to be really upbeat.
Here's my creation:

The inside reads:
Some birthday wisdom:An apple a day keeps the doctor away.An onion should take care of everyone else.Details:
Stamps: SU Stew Pot Pals (yep, I know it's an oldie - I'm trying to see what stamps I may want to part with)
Ink: StazOn black
Paper: Very Vanilla, Always Artichoke, Basic Black, Ruby Red
Accessories: ribbon, Brushables markers, brads
Thanks for stopping by!!
3 comments:
Love the card layout and colors and sentiment! LOL What is even better is the story about the card's receipient. She sounds like a wonderful lady!
Love the card especially the inside sentiments!TFS
Hugs, Connie
I am sure your mom's friend will love the card. I was surprised to see the stamp with from SU.. I had never seen it before.
Post a Comment