Sunday, March 22, 2009

Whew!!

It's been a busy past few days. I went to Harrisburg on Friday with my student who advanced in the state finals at MathCounts, a national problem-solving competition. We had a nice time, especially when he was able to watch Pitt in the first round of NCAA basketball that night during dinner. My ankle is still hurting, but the swelling has significantly reduced. The 3 1/2 hour trip to Harrisburg didn't help, but I made sure to ice and elevate it every night.

I also finally got my taxes done - this has been my goal the past three weekends. With my mom in the hospital and my ankle sprain, I had to put them on the back burner. I filled out the forms, and they're ready to mail. I tried e-filing them, but the H&R Block site was being a pain and wouldn't allow me to create an account :( ...you know, the sooner I get my refund means the sooner I get stamping goodies.

Okay enough small talk....I got my Shirley's 2 Girls Twisted Thursday challenge done just in time. You can check out the challenge over at Karolyn's site - Paper Therapy. This week's challenge provided a FREE image to print out and use!!! WAHOO!! To twist it up, players needed to add hardware to their cards (that followed the provided sketch).

Here's my card. Isn't the mouse so cute!! I can't wait to get my S2G stamps!! I used my new EK Success border punch (lines & dots) on the Real Red paper. I think this is going to become one of my favorites. The great DP is from a new DCWV stack (The Green Stack) that I picked up last weekend at JoAnn's. I added some eyelets as my hardware to the mousie's flowers.



Here's the inside of the card. I printed out a sweet saying that I found on Denny's Poems and Quotes site and embellished it with coordinating paper from the front of the card.


Details:
Image - Shirley's 2 Girls
Paper - Real Red, Old Olive, DP (DCWV Green Stack), white
Accessories - SU markers, Brushables markers, eyelets, ribbon, EK Success border punch (lines & dots), SU punch (Photo Corners)


Thanks for stopping by!!!

15 comments:

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

Stephanie, this is just MARVELOUS! I love how you used the eyelets as your flower centers. You ROCKED this challenge!! Thanks so much for playing along - I hope you'll continue to play along once you get your new S2G stamps! I'd love to see what you got!! Hugs!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Love your bright and cheery card. Fabulous detailing. Thanks so much for joining us for Twisted Thursday.

JazzyH said...

Great colors. It is bright. Sounds like you had a busy couple of days.

Holly said...

Stephanie, you're right, that mouse is too cute! I also love how you put the image on an angle and how the paper piercing above and behind that image seems to go behind it. What fun to "work" with new stuff! I hope your ankle heals quickly and that your taxes will be done soon so you can get some stampin' retail therapy in quickly!

Kay said...

This is such a bright and cheerful card. Perfect for spring!
I did my taxes this weekend too and there is a little refund coming my way too, so I forsee some new stamps coming my way too!

Gina Lindsay said...

That mouse is darling. I really like the finishing touches on the inside of the card.

Grace said...

Oh wow... I haven't seen this image before... but he's a cutie!!! Thanks for the info on the challenge! I love the fun feel and bright colors to this card... and the hardware you used was just perfect! I very seldom use brads! Love this!

peggysue said...

Very sweet! And Yay! for done taxes! I mailed mine in yesterday! Whew! Happy ankle healing.

katiesniche said...

Cute little mouse :) Love the eyelet flowers!

The Mama Monkey said...

OK I am tired just reading about all you have been up to! Glad you are home now and able to craft some!

This card is adorable and the sentiment is just darling. How so very sweet!

laos348 said...

That mouse is super cute and so is your card! I like the idea of the eyelets for the center of flowers - I have stopped using eyelets so much but like what you did with yours.

Kim said...

I love this card! It is so bright and cheerful.

Dell said...

This is adorable! Great job on coloring this card.

Diane Noble said...

Great card! Love the color combo and that little mousey guy is adorable!

Unknown said...

i love how you used the eyelets for the middle of the flowers!