
Okay, this card may be my favorite of all time. The only downfall was the amount of time it took to put together. I got home from Panera (yummy!!), and I wanted to create an entry for the Hero Arts Valentine Challenge. There's some amazing prizes up for grabs, and I really want to be in the running.
Front of card

First opening:

Inside of card:

I knew that I wanted to use my 'Whoo Loves You' set, particularly the owls and the branches or trees. After a little brainstorming, I came up with making a Knock Knock card. I found a Valentine knock knock joke on the web and followed that with thinking of a layout. At first, I thought I'd create a tall card with the punchline on the inside of the card. Then, I changed my mind and went with a tri-fold card. Boy, what a good decision. I'm just so happy with my creation. I really tried to handwrite the joke, but I'm way too critical of my handwriting. So, I resorted to printing clear mailing labels to attach to the card.
I used a 12"x12" piece of cardstock cut in half then scored at 4" and 8". The card contains lots of dimension and glitter - perfect for Valentines Day!
Now, I'm off to clean up the mess I made. Ugh!!
No comments:
Post a Comment