Sunday, January 18, 2009

Aloha

It must be Murphy's Law that if you wake up early and shovel snow, it will start snowing again when you finish and continue snowing until it looks like no one shoveled at all. Ugh!!

So to brighten my mood, I decided to use my little penguin surfer and create a card for SCS Inspiration Challenge. Today's inspiration comes from the pages of Pottery Barn Teen catalog. Where was Pottery Barn when I was growing up? Everything is so great! I used this room as inspiration for my card:

I just loved all of the textures in the comforter, not to mention the room colors. The surf board prompted using my Snag 'Em stamp.


So here's my card. I played around with whether or not to color in his beak (or mouth). I'm happy that I did; otherwise, he looked a little pastey (kinda like me this time of year :)!
Recipe
Stamp - Snag 'Em Penguin Dude
Paper - Night of Navy, Chocolate Chip, Light Blue (from Archiver's), White
Ink - Basic Black, Brushables Powder Blue (Ink and Tint), Brushables Pure Orange
Sentiment - computer generated (Dream Orphans font)
Accessories - navy hemp cord, orange brads

1 comment:

Jennifer Meyer said...

Hi Stephanie :) Your card is so sweet! I LOVE the fun colors and layout.

Jennifer :)