Thursday, April 23, 2009

Twisted Thursday on Thursday!!

It's Thursday and I completed the Shirley's 2 Girls Twisted Thursday Challenge right away this week! Wahoo!! I'm having so much fun with my DCWV Grade School stack - the papers are so bright and fun! Perfect for the many thank-you's I need for my students throughout the year :)

This week's challenge was to add ribbon to the sketch. Check out all the details on Karolyn's blog and be sure to enter your creation in hopes to receive some $$ from Shirley's 2 Girls. There stamps are a great quality besides being absolutely adorable!!

I did sway from the original sketch a bit, and I added the half scallop circle and left off a sentiment on the cover. I tried to place a sentiment a few places, but they all seemed to compete with the DP that has print all over it.



Details:
Stamps - Shirley's 2 Girls Kite
Ink - StazOn black
Paper - DCWV Grade School stack, Cricut green & gold, SU black, HP white
Accessories - Zig Brushables markers, ribbon (Michaels), popdots, Nestabilities scallop circle die, paper piercer


Thanks for stopping by!!

14 comments:

peggysue said...

Very cute! Makes me want to go outside! And I like the fact you popped up the kite.

Grace said...

Super cute card! Love the dp and the cute image... great use of the ribbon and love the extra panel you added... it looks great!

Gina Lindsay said...

I really like the back edging on you image, it really frames it nicely.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE IT! great DP with the image...thanks for playing along again...DEIDRE

Jaspere said...

Another great card and that ribbon is oh so yummy. I'm glad you were able to play along....see you next week?

the girls @ shirley's 2 girls said...

I love your card...what perfect paper and the colors are super...
thanks for playing again...we love love love your work...Kristine

Diane Noble said...

This is so fun and cute. Love the 3-D kit and the bright colors just make this such a happy card. Great job! TFS

JazzyH said...

Playful very nice

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

Soooo cute, Stephanie! That DP goes perfectly with the theme and spirit of this image, and your coloring is amazing! Thanks so much for playing this week!

Dell said...

What a fun card! I love how you pulled this design together.

katiesniche said...

What a fun card! Love the DP, the colors are fabulous!

Justine said...

This is one of my favorite images. Love what you did with the sketch this week. Again you have used some super yummy paper. I am gonna have to figure out where I can get this.

Kay said...

So bright and cheerful, I just love it! Great job with the coloring too.

The Mama Monkey said...

The ribbon matches your kite perfectly! Love how you tied it like a kite string would be!! This is adorable!