I had a question about the clock & figured I'd post in case anyone else was wondering :)
To make the clock, I followed these steps:
- Stretch canvas fabric over embroidery hoop.
- Sew buttons (I sewed in this order to help with the placement - 12, 6, 3, 9, 1, 2, 4, 5, 7, 8, 10, 11)
- Cut a circle from a piece of cardboard to fit inside the back of the hoop. I used a recycled priority mail box.
- Place the circle in the back and cut an X in the center of the canvas & through the cardboard. This is where the clock mechanism will go.
- Insert the clock mechanism and hands according to package directions. I used the kit pictured below (even though I didn't need the numbers). I found that some of the material started to fray where I cut, so I applied a bit of clear nail polish and let it dry before attaching the clock.
- After trimming the fabric around the edges of the embroidery hoop, I added some more clear nail polish to minimize any fraying.
If you flip the clock around to the back you would just see the cardboard with the clock mechanism box thingy (that holds the battery). You could cover this, but I kept it open since there's a hook for hanging on the mechanism.
Hope this clarifies it a bit. Sorry that I don't have any photos....the clock is now with the birthday girl :)