With the passing of the year, I've spent some time reflecting and thinking about the upcoming year. With the approach of 2010, I thought it would be fitting to come up with 10 goals for the new year.
1. Less procrasting....I swear that I wait to the last minute for so many things. Yes, I may work fine under pressure, but it would be really great to eliminate some stress from my life.
2. Send more cards...I know I make a lot of cards, but I really need to start sending them more often. And for 'no reason' - isn't it nice to get something other than bills in the mail and who wants to wait for their birthday, anniversary, or Christmas.
3. Stick to things..I'm really good about starting things...then I get bored or something else captivates my interests. This year, I'm determined to stick to my exercise schedule (it helps that I'm paying a monthly fee & I have a friend to go with) and to a cleaning schedule. I felt like I let my house get ahead of me at times this past year which isn't really like me. I realized that my typical cleaning schedule kinda went out the window, so I definitely want to get back to that. In addition, I hate that I'll stew over things for hours. I think if I commit so much time to a task that I'll be much better off...keep your fingers crossed on this one.
4. Home stuff....paint bedroom, continue to make energy improvements, make two extra mortgage payments, convert wood burning fireplace to gas, fix bamboo towel ladder in bathroom (okay, so this goes with goal #1!!) and change front porch sconces.
5. Visit and be visited more often. I spend time with people, but we always 'GO' somewhere. I want to start enjoying my home and the homes of my family and friends more.
6. Papercrafting goals - comment more, post 25 entries to my blog each month, submit to six publication calls, get published twice (I did once this year, so I'm shooting for two next year!!), participate in more challenges, use the stuff I already have....use the stuff I already have (that one needed repeating!!), and start Christmas projects before November (hmmm....looks like another part of goal #1)
7. Be more punctual - I'm a poke when I get ready. I'm really going to work at this one!!
8. Eat and live healthier....I wouldn't consider my meals unhealthy; however, I rarely eat breakfast and can be lazy about packing a decent lunch. I am also guilty of skimping on sleep during the week and catching up on the weekend. I'd really like to improve on these things.
9. Live out of my comfort zone more....I tend to be more reserved. I wouldn't say I'm shy at all, but I tend to hold back. I'd love to step out of this a bit, especially in my personal life. I think I'll spend more time focusing on what I want in my life rather than others' viewpoints. I guess you miss 100% of the baskets you never shoot!
10. Be more thankful. Starting tomorrow, I'm going to begin a gratitude journal. I'll add one thing a day for the entire year. I'd like to focus on all the good things and let go of the petty things that I let get under my skin.
Well if you stuck with me, thank you!! I wish you all the best for 2010 :)